JMIR Serious Games first Journal Impact Factor is 2.226 - confirms journal as leading games journal
Update: This is an archived post. The latest impact factor released for JMIR Serious Games in June 2019 is a stunning 3.351.
(Toronto/Philadelphia, 28 June 2018) JMIR Serious Games has received its' first Journal Impact Factor and it confirms JSG as leading journal!
The 2017 Journal impact Factor for JSG is an impressive 2.226.
This puts JMIR Serious Games at the top of gaming-related journals, ahead of (for example) the Games for Health Journal (JIF 1.876) and in fact at the top of all "games" journals covered by Clarivate Analytics in the 2017 Journal Citations Report, released in June 2018:
Journal Impact Factor Rankings for academic games journals (JCR 2017, Clarivate Analytics)
1. JMIR Serious Games [games.jmir.org] (JMIR Publications) - 2.226
2. Games for Health Journal (Mary Ann Liebert) - 1.876
3. Games and Culture (Sage Publications) - 1.500
4. Dynamic Games and Applications (Springer) - 1.073
5. IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games (IEEE) - 0.897
6. Games and Economic Behavior (Academic Press, Elsevier) - 0.878